In this digital age of many of us swap contact details on Social Media like LinkedIn and by Email. It’s instant and you can import them easily into your Marketing/CRM software.Is there still a place for using Business Cards in your business dealings?
The answer is yes just as we said in our item on using handwritten communication (HERE) some more old fashioned methods of marketing can add some formality and novelty to your digital strategy.
So here’s why Business Cards still work?
1. Swapping contact information digitally is impersonal.Networking is about making genuine connections. Sending contact information via text or email on the spot is convenient but it is also extremely impersonal. Engaging in eye contact and actual conversation is how real relationships begin.People buy from people.Giving a business card helps people remember your encounter.
2. They are the most effective direct marketing tools.Email marketing, search engine optimization, and paid media all do a great job of attracting leads and prospects, but they still aren’t as effective as an in-person meeting sealed with a handshake along with a business card exchange.
3. A business card is the first impression of your brand.When you meet someone that could potentially be a great prospect or connection, don’t you want him or her to walk away with a great first impression? A memorable business card does a lot more than just pass on an email address or phone number.
4. Creative business cards get shared — spreading the word about your brand.A business card is a physical object that a potential prospect leaves the encounter with. Your brand stays with them. If you hand over a creative business card that makes a great impression that person is likely to show it to other people — putting you and your brand in front of additional prospects.
5. Business cards show you are prepared.Have you ever had someone write his or her contact information on a cocktail napkin and hand it over to you? How about someone that had a mobile phone with a dead battery? It isn’t the most professional approach.
We are always looking to differentiate ourselves from the competition so here is a great way to do this?
For a free consultation on Digital Marketing or for more information Contact Us for more details.